The SLATE ITN takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. It commits to protecting the privacy of all persons using its website, and treating any submitted personal data as confidential. The data is used solely for the stated purpose, and is not forwarded to third parties.
In order to improve the quality of our website, we store data on individual page hits for statistical purposes. This data consists of:
- the file name,
- the date and time of page retrieval,
- the data volume sent,
- the access status (file sent, file not found),
- the description of the web browser used,
- the IP address of the requesting computer, in an anonymised form
- the referrer data (information on the reason for page retrieval, e.g. the search engines and search terms used, the websites of origin, campaigns, and direct page hits.)
Cookies are small files stored on a visitor’s hard drive. They allow information to be provided for a certain time frame, and the visitor’s computer to be identified. We use so-called session cookies, which are automatically deleted when you close your browser. You can adjust your browser settings in such a way that you are informed whenever cookies are stored, making cookie usage transparent for you.
Your rights as a user
As a user, you are entitled to ask for information regarding your stored personal data and the purpose for this storage. You can also have incorrect data amended, or arrange for the deletion of data whose storage is prohibited or which is no longer required. We welcome privacy-related information, requests or suggestions.